"I ask no favor for my sex, all I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks."
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Calling all Women Who Seek Board Positions.
Organizations with women in leadership positions perform better than those that don’t. They surpass others in social responsiveness, sustainability, and financial performance. Recent evidence also indicates that companies with female board members are more successful than those without women, a key concern for organizational competitiveness.
This program will feature faculty who are highly successful women board members and other experts in the field. You will join other high-performing, accomplished, and ambitious women who have already achieved much in their careers and who desire to take their talent, leadership, and executive skills to the next level by serving on boards. As a participant, you will also have the opportunity to develop a personalized action plan to seek and obtain a board directorship.
Act With Power
This highly interactive course will use case studies and experiential sessions to prepare you for directorship and start you on the path to being a sought-after candidate.
Go anywhere from here
You will expand your ability to evaluate board opportunities based on your own preferences and cultural fit, learn to communicate effectively in the language of boards, and gain critical knowledge and skills you will need to be effective.
- Full payment is due at the time of registration and at least two weeks before the start of the program. Payment can be made via credit card (Amex, Visa, Mastercard) or via Company Check payable to the Silicon Valley Executive Center.Logistics:
- 7.75 total hours of MCLE credit
- The program does not include housing costs. Hotel accommodations are available near the SCU campus.
- Breakfast, lunch, as well as morning and afternoon snacks, are included in the program fee. Coffee, tea, and water will also be available.
- Business casual is the appropriate attire.
- A detailed topic agenda will be available one week prior to the start of the program.
- Sessions will take place on the SCU campus from 8.30 am - to 5:00 pm on the designated days.
- A laptop or tablet will be extremely valuable for accessing online exercises, assignments, and other materials during the program. However, such a device is not required to participate in the program.