一道本不卡免费高清Sustainability Policy (2004)
一道本不卡免费高清As a Jesuit and Catholic University, we have the responsibility to provide leadership in developing a more sustainable way of living. By embracing sustainability, the University furthers its mission to act as a voice of reason, conscience, and service to society. The following statements affirm SCU’s commitment to a more sustainable way of living through environmental stewardship, education, and service:
- We seek ways to reduce our use of non-renewable resources, minimize pollution, and live more lightly on the land. We are mindful of the need to share equitably the natural resources on which all life depends.
- We strive to instill a broader awareness of the values of sustainability.
- We consider the economic, social, and environmental consequences of our actions.
- We seek to prepare our students by integrating sustainability into the goal of educating the whole person. We seek to support scholarship that advances our understanding and practice of sustainability.
- We recognize our role in educating the university community about the importance of both individual and institutional environmental responsibility.
- We assist communities, businesses, governments and non-profit organizations to develop in sustainable ways.
- We support the efforts of the Centers of Distinction and outreach programs to integrate sustainability into the community. We support research that expands the understanding and practice of sustainability.
- We promote public dialogue on sustainability.
In adopting this policy, SCU further acknowledges its leadership and commitment to the practical application of sustainability by:
- Integrating sustainable practices into the daily administration and operation of the University.
- Providing a voice for sustainability in the development of strategic planning and capital expenditures.
- Encouraging the University community to build upon this policy statement by identifying opportunities, formulating strategies, and implementing initiatives to further the move toward a more sustainable future.
University Strategic Plan
Listed below are the three dimensions of sustainability the University focuses on in previous and current strategic plans. Most recently, the University has developed the 2020 Integrated Strategic Plan, of which "fashioning a more humane, just, and sustainable world" is a major goal.
一道本不卡免费高清The document calls SCU to "illustrate the connections among a healthy environment, just societies, and a vibrant economy that meet all people's fundamental needs, especially those of the global poor." The Plan includes mention of increasing curricular and co-curricular learning as well as a substantial research focus specific to sustainability and justice.
The document calls SCU to "illustrate the connections among a healthy environment, just societies, and a vibrant economy that meet all people's fundamental needs, especially those of the global poor." The plan defines sustainability as "involving three components: environmental protection, economic development, and social development."