Student employees are a crucial part of the Santa Clara University workforce. Without a dedicated and dependable group of student employees, the University’s academic departments and administrative offices would be unable to provide the wide variety of programs and services to the SCU community.
Over 3,000 students work on campus in positions as varied as student assistants, community facilitators, research assistants, intramural supervisors, teaching assistants, immersion coordinators, orientation leaders, spirituality facilitators and game assistants. Collectively student employees earn over $6M each year which helps support their cost of a Santa Clara education.
Students gain so much more than wages when they work on campus. They also learn first-hand about the world of work, gain valuable experience, acquire practical skills that will assist them once they leave SCU, develop time management skills, increase self-confidence, gather insights on the type of career that interests them, learn how the University works, and better understand what career opportunities are available in higher education.
Please consider a student employment position at Santa Clara University and Go Broncos!
New Student Employee - Short Video
一道本不卡免费高清All new student employees must watch this video prior to coming to HR to complete new hire paperwork.
Video Coming Soon!
Specific employment related information for SCU international students.
Student Employment Forms
New hire student employees must complete all of the following forms in Workday:
- I-9 (form must be completed on-line)
- W-4 (Tax Withholding)
- Student Employment Agreement
- SCU Notice 2810.5 (Print, sign, and upload to Workday)
Additional forms used for student employees:
Information for Student Employee Hiring Managers
Coming Soon! Job aids for Hiring Managers can be found on the Workday Page.
For additional information on student employment related guidelines and policies, please refer to the Student Employment Policy and Procedures Manual .
User Guides and Manuals for Student Employees
Information for Prospective Student Employees
一道本不卡免费高清The process of obtaining student employment consists of three general steps:
Step 1: Job Search
- Appy to jobs by logging into Workday. Refer to Students: Applying to Jobs using Workday
Step 2: 一道本不卡免费高清Interview Process
- If you are a selected candidate for an interview, you may visit the Career Center for assistance on your interviewing skills
Step 3: Working as a Student/On-Boarding Process
- Refer to Students: New Hire Onboarding
- The Student Employment Office will contact you via email to come in and complete your I-9 (Under Student Employment Forms tab above) ONLY if you have not worked on-campus or it has been more than a year since your last job.
- You are not eligible to work until this step is completed.
- Once paperwork is submitted it takes up to 1-2 weeks to process.
- International Students please view our international students information page for additional information to complete your new hire paperwork
Upcoming Payroll Dates and Deadlines
Student Employment Team
HR Operations Assistant
Aryana provides support to HR management on strategic planning and managing of student employment unit and cross-functional support to the Service Desk operation and Faculty Processing function.
HR Operations Supervisor
Mariela Rodriguez is responsible for the management of Student Employment, Faculty Processing and HR Services Desk functional areas.