一道本不卡免费高清Information and Requirements for Internship Positions at SCU
The following requirements are in place for the establishment of internship positions at Santa Clara University. In accordance with applicable law, the below criteria will be taken into account in approving an unpaid or stipend-paid internship position. Please keep in mind that the primary beneficiaries of an internship must be the interns, and that the internship should be designed with specific learning objectives for interns.
If you are interested in creating such an internship position, we ask that you complete and submit an Internship Request Form. On the form include a description of the proposed internship that you would like to create and what an intern would learn over the course of the internship. Please be as specific as possible and detail how your proposed internship meets the below criteria. Submit the completed Internship Request Form to the Department of Human Resources for approval. The form can be submitted via email to Mariela Rodriguez, HR Operations Supervisor.
- The internship is for the benefit of the student or intern;
- The internship has an educational objective and may even qualify for academic credit or be tied to a formal education program through integrated coursework;
- The internship activities provide training that would be similar to that given in an educational environment, including clinical or other hands-on training;
- The internship accomodates the intern's academic commitments by corresponding to the academic calendar;
- The duration of the internship is limited to the period in which the internship provides the intern with beneficial learning;
- The intern's activities and work complement, and do not displace, the work of paid employees, while providing significant educational benefits to the intern;
- The interns are not entitled to or promised a job at the conclusion of the internship;
- All parties, including the interns, understand that the intern is not an employee and not entitled to wages or other compensation for the time spent performing internship activities.