Refer the employee to Benefits in the Department of Human Resources. Notify the Benefits office of the request. Provide the name of the employee and the nature of the request.
ADA Employee Accommodation Request Form
ADA Healthcare Provider Form
ADA Packet Healthcare Provider Authorization Release
Employees can coordinate lactaction accommodations directly with their supervisor and any questions can be directed to Indu Ahluwalia.
Requirements for Lactation Accommodation
一道本不卡免费高清Provide Break Time to Express Breastmilk.
- Managers are required to provide a reasonable amount of break time to accommodate an employee desiring to express breastmilk for the employee's infant child. If possible, the break time should coincide with the employee's paid break time. If not, the break time need not be paid.
Provide the Employee with the Use of a Room to Express Breastmilk.
- The manager and employee should work together to identify a room or other location for the employee to express breastmilk if the employee does not have their own office. This space should be private and in relatively close proximity to the employee's work area. This space cannot be a toilet stall.
Examples of workplace spaces used for expressing breastmilk:
- An employee's own office.
- A vacant room which can be arranged to be used by lactating employee during specific times of the day.
- Private Wellness Room (see University map below).
- A conference room they can reserve.
A room can be made private by having a lock on the door, placing a message on the door that the room is in use, drawing blinds or curtains, covering curtainless windows, or setting up a portable partition.
The following items would be helpful to have in the space, but not required.
- A clean, safe water source, sink, disinfectant dish soap, and paper towels nearby for washing hands and breast pump equipment.
- A refrigerator or ice chest to keep breastmilk from spoiling.
- A room with an electrical outlet for employees who use an electric breast pump to express milk.
- A comfortable chair to sit in while expressing milk.
- A small table for pumping supplies.
Any questions regarding these requirements can be addressed to Indu Ahluwalia, Sr. Leave Specialist at x5750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCU provides wellness rooms throughout the university campus in various locations. These wellness rooms can be used as Lactation rooms on campus. Please see the attached University map for the current locations and future locations that SCU plans to add to enhance the overall program. Employees can coordinate lactaction accommodations directly with their supervisor.
Campus Wellness Rooms Map