2019/2020 Waiver Information
一道本不卡免费高清The 2019/2020 winter quarter waiver is NOW open! The waiver is required for all NEW INCOMING students who are at least half time enrolled in classes, as well as, any current students who become at least half time enrolled in the winter quarter.
The winter deadline dates are as follows:
一道本不卡免费高清UNDERGRADUATE - January 10, 2020
GRADUATE - January 10, 2020
一道本不卡免费高清LAW - January 17, 2020
to access the online waiver and enrollment forms as well as additional information in Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
Santa Clara University requires all degree seeking students enrolled at least half -time in their school or college to have health insurance (excluding certificate and online programs). ALL F-1 visa students, regardless of number of units, are required to have insurance. This requirement helps to protect against unexpected high medical cost and provides access to quality health care.
Students may purchase the university sponsored United Healthcare PPO- Health Insurance Plan, but are not required to if they can provide proof of other insurance coverage comparable to the United Healthcare PPO Health Insurance Plan as outlined in the benefit and waiver requirements below. Students who are covered by an Affordable Care Act compliant plan and comparable to the Student Health Insurance Plan may complete the online waiver form documenting their own health insurance. The waiver form must be completed by the established deadline date or the student will be automatically enrolled into the school sponsored plan and their student account appropriately charged. The waiver is required every academic year.
Students should review specific waiver and requirement information by selecting their appropriate section under Student Health Insurance.
The cost of the university sponsored health insurance plan is not covered in your student tuition. This charge will show up as a separate item on your student account.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR UNITEDHEALTHCARE INSURANCE CARD
一道本不卡免费高清If you have already created a UHCSR account, log in.
If you have not created a UHCSR account, click "Create New Account" and complete the registration process using your name, date of birth and Student ID number.
一道本不卡免费高清Once logged in, you will have access to ID cards, Claim information, EOBs and other plan-related information.
IMPORTANT WAIVER AND BENEFITS INFORMATION
一道本不卡免费高清The following types of insurance plans/programs are not acceptable and will not be considered:
- Insurance plans that are called Travel Insurance do not provide acceptable coverage and may not be used for insurance coverage while at SCU.
- Short Term Medical Plans that are available to purchase on a weekly or monthly basis are not acceptable coverage and may not be used at SCU.
- Socialized medicine policies, including Canadian policies are not acceptable as insurance coverage while at SCU.
- International insurance plans that are underwritten in a country outside of the United States are not acceptable as insurance coverage while at SCU.
- California Medi-Cal health plans that do not have assigned benefit coverage in Santa Clara County. Your Medi-Cal must have assigned benefits in Santa Clara County.
- Out-of-state Medicaid insurance does not cover students in California and thus is not eligible coverage to complete the Waiver.
Additionally, your health insurance plan must include the following benefits/services:
- Health insurance plans must provide coverage for medical evacuation of $50,000 and repatriation of remains of $25,000. (International Students)
- Health insurance policy must provide unlimited lifetime maximum coverage. Benefits cannot have a specific maximum amount.
- Pre-existing conditions must be coveredwith no waiting period.
- Health insurance plans must provide coverage for inpatient and outpatient hospitalization in Santa Clara County, CA.
- Health insurance plans must provide access to local doctors, specialist, hospitals and other health care providers in emergency and non-emergency situations in Santa Clara County, CA.
- Health insurance plans must provide coverage for lab work, diagnostic x-rays, Emergency room treatment, ambulance services and prescription coverage in Santa Clara County, CA.
- Health insurance plans must provide coverage for inpatient and outpatient mental health.
- Health insurance plan must be underwritten by a U.S. based insurance company.
2019/2020 CLAIM FORM FOR STUDENTS WITH SCU UNITEDHEALTHCARE INSURANCE
Those students with the SCU UnitedHealthcare Student Resources insurance who visit the Cowell Center may access a claim form via the link below. The claim form may be submitted to UnitedHealthcare for possible reimbursement according to the plan benefits. The claim form must be emailed, along with the Cowell Center receipt(s) to SI.DRG@uhcsr.com. You may request a receipt for services from the Cowell Center front desk receptionist. Please refer any questions to email@example.com or 408-554-2379.