Confused about how to pay a bill? Check out our "How to get things paid at SCU" section at the bottom of Accounts Payable Disbursements.
Accounts Payable is responsible for the timely processing and payment of vendor invoices. Information provided to initiate payments must be submitted by the department receiving the goods and services.
Required information: Printed and signed quick voucher page and original invoice. Quotes and proposals are not accepted as valid invoices. Please make sure you keep a copy of the signed quick voucher page and invoice for your records.
It is extremely important that invoices be reviewed, approved and submitted for payment on a timely basis in order to process the documents and check payment. This processing normally takes ten business days一道本不卡免费高清 from when the quick vouchers with invoices arrive in the University Finance Office. Please ensure that quick vouchers are submitted in sufficient time to meet payment deadlines. New vendor setup, direct deposit setup, and independent contractor agreements may cause longer delays due to higher level approval.
Sales/Use Tax Information
Sales Tax Rate:
If invoices are for goods and do not charge sales tax, we will still accrue use tax and send it to the state. This includes Concur purchases.
Why is it called use tax?
一道本不卡免费高清We use the product here in Santa Clara, regardless of where we purchased it from, and therefore we owe taxes for the use of the product.
Prepaid accounts can be used to split expenses across multiple fiscal years. In order for an expense to qualify for prepay, the following must be true:
- Documentation is provided to show the exact service dates or event date to prove the expense belongs in prepaids. It can be from an invoice, statement or description of the purchased product.
- The prepaid account must meet the threshold set each fiscal year, to get appropriate financial cutoffs (for FY21, and this year it will be $2,000)
- If the expense is associated with a single future event date, the threshold applies to the entire expense (e.g. a $2000 plane ticket purchased in January 2020 for September 2021 can be prepaid)
- If the expense applies to a service, license, or other type of payment with service dates the expense is prorated monthly based on those dates. In order to meet the threshold, the sum of all prorated months beyond the current fiscal year must be greater than or equal to the threshold. Each license or invoiced item is counted separately.
- For example: For a $4000 license from March 2020 through February 2022, it would be 4 months for FY20 (not prepaid), 12 for FY21, and 8 for FY22. The total cost for FY21 and FY22 is greater than the threshold, so the expense can be prepaid.
- A second example: a license costing $4,000 with service dates November 2019 through October 2020 would not qualify for prepay. When the license fee is prorated by month, the FY21 portion does not meet the threshold: 8 months for FY20 = $2666, 4 months for FY21 = $1,334 (which is under the $2000 threshold).
Student Award Payments
To process student award payments for official SCU awards, please submit a quick voucher through PeopleSoft and include the student ID and address in the special instructions box. For backup documentation, we need the official description of the awards attached and the authorized approval signature on the quick voucher. Student awards are not to be confused with scholarships, those need to go through our Financial Aid一道本不卡免费高清 Office.
Independent Contractor Payments
The Independent Contractor Process has changed as of 12/01/2018.
一道本不卡免费高清Contracts are required for all service payments; this includes and is not limited to: Catering, Installation, Speakers/Presenter, DJ, Musician, Band, Actor, Club Sports Official/Referee, Photographer/Videographer, Copyediting work, and other professional services.
Contracts must be reviewed and signed off by the General Counsel's Office before AP completes any payments to the vendor. Please submit contracts BEFORE services are performed. All services must go through AP for processing; services will not be approved or reimbursed through Concur per our Travel & Expense Policy.
一道本不卡免费高清Please visit Legal Counsel's website for more information and details on the new process: